Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Essence Vampire's Love Collection Part 2: The Dawn Is Broken & Gold Old Buffy

Hi!


Today I have two more of lovely polishes from Essences Vampires Love Collection. As I know I said before, Essence is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands and my stash has been growing! Today I have The Dawn Is Broken and Gold Old Buffy. As a die-hard Buffy the Vampire Slayer freak - I naturally must have every single polish with the name Buffy in it. So I was sucked in! :P


                                                         First up is The Dawn Is Broken -





This polish was one of the polishes I was most excited about in this collection. It looks AMAZING in the bottle! A light grey creme polish with slight silver shimmer and micro-fine black glitter. Just as the first two, smooth as butter. As amazing as it is, it sadly looks awful with my skin tone. *cries* I love love it even though it doesn't love me! :P


Awesome, right?

Next up is my favorite heroine's namesake - Gold Old Buffy. 




This polish is freakin amazing! I tried to capture Gold Old Buffy in different lighting so you can see it in all it's golden shimmer glory! Yes, this is a close dupe for Owl's Night - but the base is darker and the golden flakes are chunkier. I love it. So much that after swatching it I wore it as a full mani. Of all the Vampires Love polishes, this was the sheerest surprisingly. It completely evened out after two coats. This polish would make Buffy herself proud.


Gold old shimmer!
Essie All In One Base/ Revlon Quick Dry topcoat

4 comments:

  1. They're both very pretty, but I LOVE The Dawn is Broken. That's my kind of color. I actually think it looks great with your skin tone. I think this is going on my wish list ;0).

    Btw, I nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award here http://marijonails.blogspot.com/2011/12/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like them :) Dawn Is Broken looks horrible on me, too. Maybe it looks better on darker skin. But Gold Old Buffy really is great!

    ReplyDelete